The Need for a New Website
We were approached by Brad and the team at Operation Orphan to bid for the opportunity to design and develop the new website, Brad had heard about our fabulous work and wanted to find out how we could help to raise the online profile of Operation with the ultimate goal of helping more kids in need.
WOOHOO! We were successful in our application and the team were as excited as ourselves to get cracking. We first met with Brad, Cyrilyn, Jess and the team back in September where they talked through the current challenges facing both the charity and also their website, as well as what they were looking for from the new website.
Timing is Everything
Our first challenge was the fact that we wanted the new site to help raise funds (of course, it's a charity after all!) but they didn't want to be in people's faces when it came to asking for it. Quite the dilemma for sure! The next dilemma was that we needed to create a solution that really drew the audience in and gave them the content that they wanted to see. Luckily, this is where we excel! We live for delivering the right content to the right people so we had a solution for that already!
So, just over 2 months later and we're nearly ready to reveal exactly what we've created for Brad and the team. We've included some pretty funky functionality that has created a truly engaging solution for the team.
Among other things, the new site includes:
- Visual and function world map - highlighting where in the world the team are working and exactly what they're doing there.
- Advanced Search Engine - built directly into the website, allowing visitors to search for what they want and how they want.
- Intelligent page layouts - We've included the ability for the team to add their own call's to action, where they are happy and comfortable to ask for help and volunteers.
- E-Commerce Shop - Securely built directly into the site.
- Plus much more (but you'll need to wait until it's live!)
This is another launch due in November, we can't wait to show it off and we'll be shouting from the rooftops as soon as it goes live.